Job Title: ITI Fitter
As an ITI Fitter, your primary responsibility will be to construct structural components from raw materials, ensuring precision and quality. You will use various tools and equipment, including welding equipment, to assemble and fabricate components. Attention to detail and adherence to safety guidelines are essential for this role.
1. Construct Structural Components: Build structural components by following engineering drawings and specifications, ensuring accuracy in measurements and assembly.
2. Welding: Operate welding equipment to fuse structural components, maintaining proper welding techniques and safety standards.
3. Inspection: Inspect fabricated components to verify that they meet the required size and quality standards. Identify and rectify any defects or deviations from specifications.
4. Cutting: Utilize shears, power saws, cutting torches, and chipper knives to cut structural components as needed, adhering to safety protocols.
5. Material Handling: Handle raw materials and finished components with care to prevent damage and ensure the safety of yourself and others.
6. Safety Compliance: Strictly adhere to safety regulations and protocols while performing tasks, including wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and maintaining a safe working environment.
– ITI (Industrial Training Institute) Fitter certification or equivalent.
– Proven experience as an ITI Fitter or similar role is preferred.
– Proficiency in welding techniques and the operation of welding equipment.
– Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints.
– Knowledge of safety procedures and precautions related to metalwork and welding.
– Physical stamina and the ability to lift and carry heavy materials.
– Excellent attention to detail and precision in work.
– Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with team members.
– Commitment to maintaining a clean and organized work area.
If you are a skilled ITI Fitter with a passion for precision and quality in metal fabrication and assembly, we invite you to apply for this position. Your contributions will be vital in producing high-quality structural components that play a crucial role in various industries.